First off, just take a minute and forty-three seconds to watch this video…
Did you know that September is National Hunger Action Month? Join us and be a soldier in the fight against hunger to not just raise awareness of the 49 million people going to bed hungry tonight, but to actually take action. Throughout the entire month there are dedicated days for people to take action on to spread the word about the hunger problem we are facing in America. Here is a list of a few of the things:
- Sept. 6th: National wear orange day. Why orange? Orange is the color of hunger.
- Sept. 9th: Light up your buildings orange. Feeding America asks that you light your building orange on this day to spread the message.
- Sept. 21st: A Day With Food. For every dining offer redeemed through TangoTab.com on that day, TangoTab will donate 3 meals rather than 1 to people in need. Those three meals will equal the three meals a person eats through the day (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
Here are some other actions that you can take through Hunger Action Month:
- Visit a local food bank and get educated on the hunger problem in America
- Get a group together and volunteer at a local food pantry
- Use your social media outlets as avenues to spread the message to the people around you
- Dine through TangoTab.com, because “When you eat, they eat”
For those of you that want to learn more about Hunger Action Month or want to learn about other ways to take action, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.